I never thought so much of grammar as I have in the past three weeks of this course. I have been speaking and writing clearly for quite awhile now and thought I had a pretty good grasp on things. I passed the Language Skills Test (LST) on my first try with minimal studying and was fairly confident in my ability to handle grammar.
Now, that has all changed. I have never found myself second guessing everything I do as I have been with the grammar review assignments. I am hyper aware of grammar now and I'm not sure how I feel about it. When I think back, grammar was never stressed at my high school. Your paper grade was based on content, and obvious grammar and punctuation mistakes were marked, but never corrected. The technicalities of grammar have been stressing me out lately, in fact, this blog may be completely grammatically wrong for all I know at this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment