Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Grammar Issues

My biggest challenge with grammar is that I have not had an in-depth grammar lesson since the fifth grade, which was 10 years ago. For some reason, the public school system where I lived didn't put much emphasis on grammar in the class curriculum. Of course, we still had to write essays and papers and took language arts and English classes, but the grammar rules we covered didn't dive much deeper than noun, verb, adjective, subject, object. This has made my transition into this college-level writing class very difficult. Before beginning this class, I wouldn't have been able to tell you the difference between an antecedent and a non-essential clause, and my first few grades definitely reflect that. My lack of grammar training will make this class very difficult for me, but I know that when I finish I will be equipped with all the necessary skills to be a successful writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment