Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Grammar and Spelling
Grammar and spelling have always been a struggle for me. Not for lack of effort, trust me I have worked at them my whole life. But it was just never something that made any sense to me. As soon as I figured out one rule there was four exceptions to it. Having gone to an all girl high school you would assume I had plenty of time to perfect every minute detail. No boys to distract me...what else is there to do but school, right? Not so much. I did learn a lot of useful information, but very little had to do with the fundamentals of grammar. However, the Academy did aid in a discovery that enabled me to become a better and more focused student. Junior year one of my theology teachers suggested that I be tested for learning disabilities which finally revealed the source of my weakness. The test results reported I have ADHD, Dyslexia, and a reading disorder; no wonder I was struggling. Luckily, my parents found me an amazing tutor who showed me how to learn material in a way that finally worked. So while improving my grammar and spelling isn't completely a lost hope it is something I will constantly have to work very hard toward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment